From raw cotton to the perfect hotel room
Holistic sustainability through partnerships: from cotton farm to the perfect hotel room
Holistic sustainability is about acting both socially and environmentally responsible – not just at our own company but beyond. From the cotton farm and all the way to the perfect hotel room. To implement holistic sustainability, it requires not only the right product solution – it also requires strong and transparent partnerships throughout the entire supply chain.
Together with our long-term laundry partner, Duncker iPhotex in Hamburg, we did just that. How did we do?
- At the cotton farm, we support the Better Cotton Initiative to improve sustainable farming practices
- To manufacture our BeirTex® performance textiles in accordance with the EU Ecolabel and Oeko-Tex Made in Green certification, we collaborate with high-tech manufacturer Sapphire Textile Mills
- At the laundry, Duncker iPhotex ensures sustainable laundering of the hotel textiles as well as efficient, CO2-saving logistics to and from the hotel
As you will see in our movie, neither a single product nor a single company created this solution. The combining of our expertise and working like partners made it possible to take sustainability to the next level and turn it into a holistic solution.
We thank our partners Duncker iPhotex and Sapphire for contributing to this strong partnership and sustainable solution.
About Beirtex® Integrated Standard concept
BeirTex® Integrated Standard is Beirholm’s modular textile concept that combines our performance technology BeirTex® with a holistic approach to sustainability from the cotton farm to the laundry. When buying textiles within the BeirTex® Integrated Standard concept, you help promote more sustainable cotton by supporting the Better Cotton Initiative. In manufacturing, you are ensured high social- and environmental responsibility through Oeko-Tex Made in Green and EU Ecolabel certifications.
The BeirTex® Integrated Standard concept is based on our way of thinking holistic sustainability. It is an easy plug-and-play solution that fits to those of our laundry partners who want:
- enhanced laundry performance,
- products with greater longevity that looks great throughout the entire product lifecycle
- textiles that support a sustainable brand and sales strategy
Learn more about BeirTex® Integrated Standard here.
Learn more about our revolutionary BeirTex® quality Q784 which looks brand new after 300 wash cycles at a German laundry on a standard sheet-programme.